Drink Water.

We all know drinking water is an important key to not only being healthy but is also key to losing weight. This not only means just drinking your 8, 8 ounce glasses of water every day, but drinking them at the appropriate time each day. Studies have shown that people who drank two glasses of water 20 to 30 minutes before every meal lost weight more quickly initially and lost significantly more weight than those who didn't.
In another study published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, it was found that people who drank water before meals ate an average of 75 fewer calories at that meal. This may not seem like much, but if you ate 75 fewer calories at lunch and dinner for the next year, you could lose about 14½ pounds!
And did you know that being even 1 percent dehydrated can cause a significant drop in metabolism, which can also interfere with weight loss.
I also read that if you are hungry, drink a glass of water first as sometimes the hunger it isn’t really hunger at all, just that your body telling you it is thirsty. Many times just drinking a glass of water will be enough to suppress your appetite.
I am lucky that I love water as much as I do, I couldn’t imagine not drinking water…my husband drinks only a glass a day – crazy! I easily drink plenty of water each day. I drink coffee in the morning, milk at night, and water all day. I try to limit pop to just a can or two on the weekends but I do have my own tip when it comes to drinking pop. If I am out and want pop I order a glass of pop AND a glass of water. If I finish my pop I do not order another one until I have finished my glass of water. Usually that is more than enough fluid and I never order another pop at dinner and save on any extra calories by doing so.
So make a small change and drink up your water!
This really is true. Do you ever not drink water at all in the morning or afternoon and notice how weird it makes you feel?
ReplyDeleteI drink SO much water, and now that I've committed myself to drinking two glasses of water before every meal, it seriously is helping!!
ReplyDeleteHi Josey, welcome to my blog! I agree, I think drinking water before really does help. And I too feel different if I do not drink water, my body craves it!
ReplyDelete