Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Are YOU Up For The Challenge?!






So last week I decided that I needed a way to get motivated to work out. (Thank you for the suggestions bloggers!) I was trying to think of something that would be creative and get me into the habit of working out more. At the same time I remembered how many bloggers have taken part in NaBloPoMo and it got me thinking….I should do a challenge where I work out every day for a month. Brilliant! (And crazy….I go from not working out at all to working out every day.) Now I know many people may do this already, but for people who do not already workout or do not workout regularly this is going to be a great way to start the habit!!

So here it is, my 30 Day Fitness Challenge!

My sister (who is also doing this with me) and I came up with the rules incase anyone else would like to take this challenge. Feel free to use the cute little picture I made to post on your blog if you want to take this challenge :)


30 Day Fitness Challenge Rules

1) Work out 6 days a week for at least 25-35 minutes. (If you are more advanced with your working out or want to increase as you go please feel free to workout longer.)

2) Work out 1 day a week for at least 45 – 60 minutes.

3) If you miss a day, don’t fret! You can make up any day missed if you want and do two 30 minute workouts one day. (If you miss multiple days please do not try to make up 3 or more workouts on the same day as I would hate for anyone to push themselves too hard. It is ok, this is just for fun!)

4) Keep track of your daily workouts as well as your measurements and/or weight starting on day 1. At the end of the 30 days note any changes in not just your measurements and weight but also how you feel.



Tip: Mix up your workouts. Try some different videos or workout routines during this month so you don’t get bored and find some fun new workout programs you like. Be adventurous!

Tip: HAVE FUN! I hate working out, but I do want to workout. So the best way to do it is just have as much fun with it as possible.



I started Monday, February 8 and my first 30 days will end Tuesday, March 9.

Day 1: Pilates
Day 2: Workout video
Day 3: Shoveled snow for 45 minutes (yes it counts – my arms kill) & walking on the treadmill

6 comments:

  1. I'm SO in on this - I will write my own post later (most likely tomorrow). I did a every day plan last spring and REALLY liked it. Not realistic in long term, but it helped me to jump start everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Good for you Jenn!!!!! You can so do it. Shoveling is such hard work too.

    I will join you as soon as my pneumonia is gone! And I am READY for it to be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked out for the first day in several weeks.

    I'm going to try to do this, too!

    I can't believe how much BETTER OF A MOOD I'm in when I work out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in, dude! I usually work out for an hour or more at a time... and it's been 4 days a week or so lately. So, if I can bump that up to every day, I should be golden, right?
    Hellz yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! I am SO glad others are in too! I will do an update once a week to see how everyone is doing. Sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in as well. Working out 5 days a week is what fits with me and the hubby's schedule, but I'm committing to stick with my workout schedule for the next 30 days!!

    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete